Buy Steroids Forum

Go Back   Buy Steroids Forum > Steroid > Over 40s Forum

Blood Pressure MEDS and TRT / HRT

Over 40s Forum Discuss Blood Pressure MEDS and TRT / HRT in the Steroid forums; So here comes some more TRT/HRT Q's. I'll be researching with my father in law and talking to docs but ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 04:22 PM
VIP MEMBER

Height: 5'9 | Weight: 208lbs | Body fat: 15%
VIP Shouts: 12
Default Blood Pressure MEDS and TRT / HRT

So here comes some more TRT/HRT Q's. I'll be researching with my father in law and talking to docs but does anyone here have experience with blood pressure meds and trt/hrt.

Currently hes taking;

Aetenolol 50mg ed
Crestor 20 mg ed

with meds blood pressure is typically at 115/80 give or take. looking at starting with test prop and moving on to cyp or E for less frequent pins
Ghrp/ghrh 300/300 ed
Old 03-18-2013, 04:29 PM
VIP MEMBER

Height: 6' | Weight: 245lbs | Body fat: 15%
VIP Shouts: 1227

Quote:
Originally Posted by neveroutgunned80 View Post
So here comes some more TRT/HRT Q's. I'll be researching with my father in law and talking to docs but does anyone here have experience with blood pressure meds and trt/hrt.

Currently hes taking;

Aetenolol 50mg ed
Crestor 20 mg ed

with meds blood pressure is typically at 115/80 give or take. looking at starting with test prop and moving on to cyp or E for less frequent pins
I don't like aetenolol (beta-blocker)... its the opposite of clenbuteral (beta-antagonist). Can cause weight gain, can make it near impossible to get your heart rate up. Makes asthma and allergies worse ... I was on it for a while cause they thought I had a heart problem. It basically makes it so your heart can't beat fast... concert musicians take it to stop the adrenaline before a show, competative gun shooters take it for the same reasons...

Anyway, all that being said aetenolol won't react with TRT...

My suggestion is that if he feels like shit, he should stop the aetenolol and see if he feels better before starting TRT.

get on some lasix for blood pressure instead.

I don't know anything about the cholesterol medicine. Only thing I know about that is if you have low HDL taking niacin helps substantially. Fish oil for high LDL.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:53 PM

Height: 5' 6" | Weight: 205lbs | Body fat: 17%
VIP Shouts: 1

I personally had BP issues once I stopped TRT. I had to get BP meds to keep my job. I started back my TRT and stopped the meds. my BP was below what I needed to have to take the meds. ketosis diet and TRT got my BP down to 127/70 without meds. my .02
Old 03-18-2013, 08:34 PM
VIP MEMBER

Height: 5'7" | Weight: 175lbs | Body fat: 16%

I'm on Losartan 25mg for high blood pressure and that is fine. You may have to ask his doc, or a TRT doc if his prescipts are safe with T. I would think so I would do the research.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:12 AM
VIP MEMBER

Location: JERSEY SHORE and no its not like that stupid fucking show
Height: 6'3" | Weight: 268lbs | Body fat: 21%%

Iv'e been on Bennicar for almost 2 yrs straight been on TRT much longer. I have no issues with the BP meds. The only reason I'm on the BP meds is because gear causes my BP to go up,even much higher when I'm on cycle. If I stopped pinning myself and eat clean like I do when I cycle I'm sure my BP would Be fine,but there is no way I'm running the risk of shutting down. I done once already and once is enough
Old 07-23-2013, 12:08 PM
VIP MEMBER

VIP Shouts: 4

Haven't been around in a while but this is an interesting question. For anti-aging medicine practitioners, like the folks at Cenegenics, it is routine for their clients to be on prophylactic lipid lowering drugs (if tolerated, biggest concern is myalgia), and blood pressure medication. The reason is as we age our vessels become stiffer or stenotic. They are more susceptible to pressure injury and plaque accumulation. Lipid profiles are altered while on TRT and BP's typically rise two fold. Baseline and during peak contraction. It is usually recommended all adults over 40 will benefit from low dose daily aspirin (81 or 82mg). There is a 35%-40% reduction in catastrophic episodes (namely myocardial infarction and ischemic CVA's on low dose ASA). This is more important in the hyperviscous states that are typically seen in TRT clients.

I want to comment on atenolol. This is selective Beta1 blocker (although in higher doses there are some beta 2 antagonism) Beta-1 receptor blockade
reduces heart rate, cardiac output, blood pressure and thus myocardial oxygen demand. In addition, a lusitropic action (an increase in diastolic time) increases coronary blood flow. There are some relative beta1 receptors in the corpus spongiosum of the male member and with the vasodilatory effects about 10-20% of males will experience some erectile dysfunction. It also increase blood sugars somewhat in diabetics although beta 2 actions affects blood sugar more significantly. There very few beta1 receptors in the pulmonary tree and as such don't affect asthmatics as poorly as non-selective beta blockers. Beta blockers however will affect exercise tolerance and can affect your lipid profile (but minimally).

Anyway, I could go on and on about this, but above is good food for thought.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:37 PM
VIP MEMBER

Height: 5'11" | Weight: 250lbs | Body fat: 200?%
VIP Shouts: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetWorks View Post
I personally had BP issues once I stopped TRT....
My blood pressure just shot up the week after coming off a 10 week cycle. Is that common?
Old 02-11-2017, 08:49 PM

Height: 5' 6" | Weight: 205lbs | Body fat: 17%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayRock View Post
My blood pressure just shot up the week after coming off a 10 week cycle. Is that common?

could be especially if you need to do TRT and your not. coming off hormones lets your body know you are old.
The Following User Says Thank You to WetWorks For This Useful Post:
JayRock (02-12-2017)